Thursday, October 20, 2011

Personal Expression

I decided to stay with an overall blue theme because blue is one of my favorite colors and it is also cool and calming. I vectored my image and changed the color scheme to gray to complement the blue gradient. The circles in the background used light tints of cool colors, which also go with the blue gradient and add texture to the background. I used three different fonts for my words to express what the words mean to me, and I also tried to curve the text around my image and help contribute to the meaning of the word. I used a flowing font (Amienne) for words such as "musical" because I felt that the gentler curves of the letters complemented both the meanings of the words and the blue background. For word that expressed my relationship with other people, such as "sister," I used a more formal font that retained some of the gentle curves (Gabriola). I felt that this better expressed my feelings about those words. Finally, I used a squarer yet elegant calligraphic font (Calligraphic 421 BT) to express both the formality and my personal attachment to those words, such as "pensive."

No comments:

Post a Comment